- Top 3 Minnesota Sportsbook Online
- Sport Betting Legalization Outlook for Minnesota
- Is Sports Betting illegal in Minnesota?
- How can I find an online Sports Book?
- How can I place a Sports Bet onshore?
- Daily Fantasy Sport in Minnesota
- Is DraftKings legal in Minnesota?
- Popular Minnesota Sport Bets
- Bordering States
- Sports betting remains illegal onshore except for offshore online sports books.
- Strong political opposition to current proposed sports betting laws.
- Unknown when differences will be resolved, or even if sports betting will become legal on shore.
Top 3 Minnesota Sportsbook Online
No hope. Too many forces from the opposition of sports betting are in place to get this over the line in 2020. There is no timeframe, no talk of re-raising any bill for discussion.
It seems that this is the end of the road for sports betting legalization in Minnesota.
If you want to place a sports bet, then the only option is to bet on a reputable offshore online sports betting site. Which there is totally legal.
Sport Betting Legalization Outlook for Minnesota
The future of sports betting reform in Minnesota is grim. There are too many strong organizations against it. First and foremost are the native American casinos who generate significant revenue per year. Their “donations” to fund Republican Senators lend them a strong voice in dictating Sports Betting laws. And their voice is unfortunately in opposition unless they have exclusive rights to offering sports betting.
If the sports betting laws are not strongly in their favor to enforce a cornering of the market, it is highly unlikely the sports betting laws will change.
The organizations that want sports betting legalized and open to entrants besides native American tribes are many, but as a collective are weak. They cannot compete against the clout of the native American casinos.
Is Sports Betting illegal in Minnesota?
The only form of sports betting that is not illegal is offshore sports betting via the internet.
In the year 2018, Minnesotans wagered $20.1 million at offshore sports betting sites (per H2 Gambling Capital).
Though you physically may be located within the borders of Minnesota, the actual sports book is licensed and operating offshore thereby not breaking the onshore laws of sports betting.
Therefore as a Minnesotans, it is legal and safe to bet at an offshore licensed sports book.
All other forms of sports betting in Minnesota is illegal -This includes operating and running a sports book
How can I find an online Sports Book?
The most popular offshore sports book is Bovada. It is the largest and has a long standing history of operating a sports book for US citizens.
Do NOT place a bet at an unlicensed sports book operating offshore. Unlicensed sportsbooks may not be reliable. Although they may offer great Welcome bonuses, their promise to pay any winnings may be empty. Keep with the which are trusted and the big brand names.
How can I place a Sports Bet onshore?
It is illegal to run a sports book or place a sports bet within the borders of Minnesota. Other than placing a sports bet at an offshore online sports book the only other option is to travel interstate where sports betting has been legalized.
Daily Fantasy Sport in Minnesota
Daily Fantasy Sport in Minnesota is very much a show down between big players! DraftKings and FanDuel continue to dominate the market.
Is DraftKings legal in Minnesota?
Yes, DraftKings is legal in Minnesota
Popular Minnesota Sport Bets
- NFL – Minnesota has one NFL team, the Minnesota Vikings.
- NBA – Minnesota has one NBA basketball team, the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- MLB – Minnesota has one Major League Baseball team, the Minnesota Twins.
- NHL – Minnesota has one NHL ice hockey teams, the Minnesota Wild.